Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Poem,

First a bit about this poem, I wrote this some time ago when I was going through a dark place in my life. This week is the anniversary of what caused that dark time. When I was young I was attacked by one of my friends boyfriends. It still haunts me today, but I am a survivor, I lived where she did not. He went on to later killer her, he is now spending 10 years behind bars for her murder and 16 years for the rapes and assaults on 5 young woman and one little girl.

I wrote this poem when I was no longer able to cope with what had happened, my way of copping was to try and forget what had happened and try to move on, it worked for a bit then failed me.


The Misty Day

The misty dreary day
Washes all hopes and dreams away.
The candle that once burned bright
Has now faded out of sight.
The Darkness has come,
Taking away the day
Leaving only sorrow and pain
To fill the fill the void that once
was filled with hopes and dreams.
And love it seems.




No comments: